The last update: 25.03.2019
This Privacy & Cookies Policy governs the use by Platinum Company Ltd. of the personal data we collect from you during your use of the website located at
https://platinum.fund (the "Website", “Site”) or we otherwise legally obtain about you (“Personal Information”).
In this Policy, "Platinum Company Ltd.", “we”, “us” and “our”, refer to Platinum Company Ltd.
Platinum Company Ltd. is committed to protecting the security and privacy of third parties (including its customers and all visitors to the Site. We will comply with the requirements of the data protection legislation, including (i) the UK Data Protection Act 1998, (ii) from 25 May 2018, the EU General Data Protection Regulation, (iii) the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and will take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Information is secure, and monitored with regard to access, both internally and externally.
We will only collect your Personal Information:
- when you provide your name, email, and other information using the forms on this site;
- when you join, sign up or subscribe to any of our newsletters, information updates, forums, etc. run on or from the Site from time to time;
- through cookies;
- through data aggregation.
We will ensure that your Personal Information is handled in accordance with the data protection legislation. By visiting and/or contacting us through the Website (or otherwise engaging with us), you agree that we may collect, use and transfer your Personal Information as set out in this Policy.
For the purposes of the data protection legislation, we are deemed to be the “data controller” in respect of any Personal Information that you provide to us or we otherwise obtain about you.
- Personal Information that we collect
- What we do with your Personal Information
- Our security measures and information about when we delete data
- Transferring Personal Information outside of the EEA
- How you can access and update your Personal Information
- Changes to this Policy
- Our contact information and opting out
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
When you engage with us (e.g. by sending us emails or making an enquiry through the Website), you may provide Personal Information about yourself including your name and contact details (e.g. your name, email address and telephone number) and your job title and CV where you apply for a role with us. If you consider doing business with us, you may also provide us with various other necessary Personal Information. Where you make use of our Site we may also collect information about your use of the Site (e.g. your IP address and choice of web browser). Some of this Personal Information is collected and processed so we can perform a contract with you, some for the purpose of legal compliance and some for the purposes of our legitimate business interests (namely to carry out and improve our business, analyse the use of our Site and services and support our staff and customers).
If you choose the opt in and subscribe for our communications and/or marketing materials, we may collect data on your contact email address, phone number, and other information you voluntarily provide to us. Unless you choose to opt out, or communicate the decision to discontinue by contacting us as described below, we will use your Personal Information to send you information which we think may interest you and keep you up to date as to developments relating to the facility operated by us which you have joined, signed-up to or subscribed to.
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE RECEIVE FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may receive information from third parties who collect Personal Information from you and pass it on to us, for example, for fraud prevention. Where this is the case the third party is responsible for obtaining the relevant consents from you to ensure you are happy with the ways in which your Personal Information will be used.
3. WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only use your Personal Information in order to:
- supply the services you have requested and correspond with you,
- provide support to you in respect of these services,
- improve our Site and services
- for our internal business processes, including providing support to our staff,
- where relevant, process your application for employment.
- where you have explicitly consented at the time we collected your Personal Information or where we otherwise have a right to do so, we may also use your Personal Information to let you know about our services, and job openings that may be of interest to you and/or inform you about important changes or developments to our services, by post, telephone and e-mail.
- from time to time, we may also use your Personal Information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. This will only happen where you have opted-in to receive such communications.
We may also use the Personal Information to customise the Site according to your interests.
If you change your mind about us using your Personal Information in the ways described in this Policy, please let us know by using the Contact Us form details at https://platinum.fund/contact-us.
You may also opt out of receiving marketing emails from us by following the instructions outlined in any marketing email you receive from us.
4. HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In certain circumstances we may pass your Personal Information to carefully selected third parties. We will never pass your Personal Information for such purposes unless you have allowed us to do so or we have a lawful right to do so.
If after having given us permission to pass your Personal Information to third parties you change your mind you can opt out by contacting us as described below.
In addition, it may be necessary to disclose your Personal Information if we are under a duty to disclose your Personal Information in order to comply with any legal obligation, carry out an internal investigation, enforce our Terms and Conditions and any other agreement, or protect the rights, property, or safety of Platinum Company Ltd., Platinum Company Ltd.'s group companies and our customers, directors, employees or other personnel. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and prevention.
5. OUR SECURITY MEASURES AND INFORMATION ABOUT WHEN WE DELETE DATA
We take steps to protect your Personal Information from unauthorised access and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
We will only keep your Personal Information for as long as we reasonably require and, in any event, only for as long as the Data Protection Legislation allows.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and, although we will take steps to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted via the Website; any transmission is therefore at your own risk.
6. TRANSFERRING PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE OF THE EEA
In processing your Personal Information, it will sometimes be necessary for us to transfer your Personal Information outside the European Economic Area (“EEA“) to our staff and our third party service providers. It may also be accessed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our partner or group companies. This includes people engaged in, among other things, the provision of support services to us.
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your Personal Information is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy and the data protection legislation when it is processed in, or otherwise accessed from, a location outside the EEA.
7. ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the following rights regarding your Personal Information:
- to ask us not to process your Personal Information for marketing or research purposes;
- to access your Personal Information we hold about you and to ask us (i) to make any changes to ensure that any Personal Information we hold about you is accurate and up to date; (ii) erase or stop processing any Personal Information we hold about you where there is no longer a legal ground for us to hold it; or (iii) delete your Personal Information from our database.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the Contact Us form details at https://platinum.fund/contact-us.
Should you have any queries or complaints in relation to how we use your Personal Information, please contact us using the Contact Us form details at https://platinum.fund/contact-us.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these websites or their related policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Information via these websites.
9. CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
Platinum Company Ltd. may amend this Policy at any time without notice. By continuing to use the Website and making use of our services you agree to the updated Policy. If you do not agree to any changes that we make, you should not use or access (or continue to use or access) the Site and/or our services. Any changes to this Policy will be posted on the Site.
10. OUR CONTACT INFORMATION AND OPTING OUT
You can opt out of receiving various communications from us by using the Contact Us form details at https://platinum.fund/contact-us.